Table of Contents
Before installing The Fox theme, you must install WordPress. If you have already a WordPress installation and ready to run a theme, please skip this step.
Install The Fox Theme
Step 1: Download Fox theme from ThemeForest. After purchasing, please visit your download page to download it.
Please choose “Installable WordPress file only”. In case you downloaded “All files and documentation”, please unzip the package you’ll find the actual theme file.
Step 2: Go to
Your Site Dashboard > Appearance > Themes > Click
Add New > Upload Theme then choose to upload
fox.zip file. In short, you install it like any other WordPress theme if you have been familiar with installing theme.
“Install Now”, wait for it to be uploaded completely. Then click to
Your theme now has been installed. You’ll see a “Fox Magazine” on the left menu. Click there, you’ll see a welcome screen with useful information to get started.
Activate The Fox Theme
Step 1: Download your license key.
Step 2: Go to
Dashboard > Fox Magazine then enter your license code there.
The Fox theme comes with a few plugins to for extra functionality. None of them is required for the them to work. Here’s the list of plugins. You decide yourself to install them or not.
- One Click Import Demo: This plugin is required to import demo. Hence you must install and activate it if you want to import demo data. After importing, you can remove it.
- Contact Form 7: This plugin helps setting up contact form for your contact page.
- WooCommerce: If you need a shop, install it. Otherwise, do not.
- Instagram Feed: If you need to display an Instagram feed, install it.
- Mailchimp For WP: If you need to display newsletter form, install it.
- Post Views Counter: Track post views. From that you can display most viewed posts.
Import Demo Data
After installing, your site looks quite plain. Please go to
Dashboard > Fox Magazine > Import Demo to select your preferred style. Please make sure you have installed and acticated the plugin One Click Import Demo. Otherwise, you won’t see the Import Demo menu.
Step 1: Choose the demo you want then click Import Demo
Step 2: Click Continue & Import
Please wait for 2 – 5 minutes for the theme to pull demo content from server. At this step, if you fail, please check if your site install SiteOrigin Central Plugin. If yes, you should uninstall it first.
After importing, you’ll see a congratulation message like this. It means the demo has been imported successfully. Now you can start customizing your site.
Here’s some information about theme license and purchase code you need to know.
One purchase code can be used for 1 WordPress installation. It means:
- If your site is multisite, It’s still ok. You need only 1 purchase code/license because It’s 1 installation.
- If you have 1 domain, but you installed theme 2 times, for instance in
yourdomain.com/sub-directory/, you’ll need 2 licensed. In other words, you’ll need to purchase the theme twice.
The license doesn’t count if you have localhost installation or stagging site installation. However, we can only check localhost because It’s clear that this is a developing site.
One license is being used for 1 site at one moment. You can change the domain and bring that license to use in the new domain. As long as at any time, number of your licenses = number of your currently active site.
To register license, please go to
Dashboard > Fox Magazine. You also revoke/unregister your license there. The reason for unregistration is often when you want to use that license for different website (eg. you change domain or you move from stagging site to the live site).
Sometimes you can’t access to your website you used that purchase code (for instance, you deleted it or you can’t access it for some reason, or you reinstalled it but forgot to revoke license) but you still want to revoke the purchase code to use for another site, then here’s the solution.
- Visit WiThemes License Site.
- Login with username is your ThemeForest username and password is your purchase code. If you even forget your purchase code, please go to your download page to download the purchase code.
- Go to
Dashboard > Purchase Codes. You’ll find your purchase code and your site info there.
- Click Trash to delete it
- Now, your purchase code has been revoked manually and you’ll be able to use that purchase code for any other site you want to