Table of Contents
Once purchased, you have lifetime free updates of The Fox theme. Here’s something you need to know before updating.
- Your data won’t never be lost: Your posts, pages, images will be safe under updates. Even when you switch themes or the theme being broken, those assests will be safe anyway.
- You should back up your data before updating, or even if you don’t update, you still should back up your site (to avoid attack, malware or some plugins don’t function well, a site works with many plugins not only theme alone)
There are 2 methods to update The Fox theme.
- Method 1:Using Envato Market plugin
- Method 2:Update Manually
Update by Envato Market Plugin
You purchased The Fox theme from Envato, the Envato Market plugin is a mean to manage all your themes and plugins, not only The Fox. After installing and setting up the plugin, from now on you’ll receive update nag right in your backend like WordPress.org themes.
Here’s the plugin page: https://www.envato.com/lp/market-plugin/. Please download it there, follow instructions to install it and after installing, you’ll see set up instructions in the backend.
Another method to update The Fox is to update it manually.
- Go to your download page, find Fox theme to download latest version.
- If you download the full package from ThemeForest, you must unzip it and find
fox.zipfile. That’s the actual theme file. If you downloaded “installable WordPress only”, skip this step.
- Go to
Dashboard > Appearance > Themes > Upload Theme
- Upload the file you have just downloaded then hit
- It’ll ask you if you want to replace current with uploaded or cancel & go back. Choose “Replace current with uploaded”. Now you have The Fox latest version.